Let’s Talk About Meditation
Meditation, otherwise known as sitting still and thinking about nothing, is one of the things that can be just as crazy simple as it is surprisingly hard.
Before we get started here, let me be the first to tell you that I am not an expert on Meditation. I have been working and studying it though, so I’ll share with you what I’ve learned.
If you’re like most people, the majority of your thoughts are about as valuable and interesting as a bunch of two-year olds fighting over a toy.
The goal is to quiet your mind of the chatter so you can connect to the Source Energy and instead listen to your inner guidance.
There is no right or wrong way to do this, no set amount of time, no correct things to feel, no rules about how you have to sit or where you have to do it.
All that matters is that you do it so you can massively improve your life.
If you make a habit of it, not only will you start to crave it, but your entire life will change.
Because when we meditate, we practice getting into the Vortex and connecting to Source Energy, which automatically:
- Brings us into the present moment
- Raises our frequency
- Opens us up to receive unlimited information and ideas
- Relaxes us
- Relieves stress
- Strengthens our intuition and ability to focus
- Allows us to hear our inner voice more clearly
- Fills us with light and love
- Puts us in a good mood
- Helps us love ourselves
Here are a couple of ideas of different ways to meditate:
• Sit in a comfortable, cross-legged position on the floor, or in a chair, with your hands on your knees or in your lap.
• Sit up straight and relax your entire face, especially your jaw and your forehead.
• Close your eyes, or, if it helps you focus and not fall asleep, keep them open and gaze softly at a spot on the ground a couple feet in front of you.
• Focus on your breathing. Notice it moving in and out of your body; you don’t have to breathe in any special way. Just focus on it.
• Gently release any thoughts that come into your brain and re-focus on your breathing. Keep your mind as clear and empty as possible and listen for intuitive hits that may or may not come through.
Options and Suggestions
1. Set a timer. You’ve got enough distracting thoughts without having to check the clock to see how long you’ve been at it every thirty seconds.
2. Light a candle and focus on it. Sometimes having a place to rest your eyes can help you get centered and in the Zone.
3. Imagine a bright beam of light shooting down from the sky, shining in through the top of your head, running through your entire body, out your bottom and up to the sky again so that it makes a complete circle. This can help you feel more connected to source energy.
4. Use a mantra. Sometimes when I can’t seem to quiet my mind, I use a mantra, such as repeating a word or phrase in my mind like “love” or “thank you” or “ohm” – something that makes me feel good and is fairly neutral, but it can be whatever is comfortable for you.
5. Try to do it first thing in the morning so you’re not distracted by whatever the day brings.
6. If there’s something in your life that you’re working on or through, you can set an intention/ask for help during your meditation practice. Meditating is about receiving information from the Universe; setting intentions and praying are about sending information out to the Universe. There are two ways you can do this:
A. Start with a question, something like, “How do I deal with my pain-in-the-butt teenage son? And see what, if any, answers download while your meditate, or
B. Meditate first, open up the channel, clear out the chatter, and then ask your question in a space of clarity and connection and see what, if anything, comes to you.
There are many CDs and DVDs that you can get to walk you through meditation. Sometimes these can help you wrangle your mind into submission, and can help you train your mind. They’re also great when you want to meditate on something specific.
This can also be a great way to get into a meditative state. You can repeat a mantra over and over out loud on your own, or you can join a class.
The important thing about whatever type of meditation you choose is that you keep showing up. Even if you’re only in the Zone for one collective minute out of the thirty minutes you’ve been sitting there, it will eventually start making a notable difference in your life.
<—— Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject!
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
p.s. The goal is to quiet your mind of the chatter so you can connect to the Source Energy and instead listen to your inner guidance.
Want more tips and trainings?
Get Lose Your Alarm Clock and Fire Your Boss…
Here’s How I did it and YOU Can To!
If you are happy in a business, that is great. If you are looking for the right business with a marketing system already in place that works; the right mentor; something you can build online, I would love to share what I am doing with you. Click here and let’s explore the possibilities.
Are you already in a home business and looking for a way to market your current business online? We have the tools and the training you need to get you up and running successfully right away. Click here to learn more about our Small Business Online Tools.