How to Stay Totally Focused on What Matters Most
The most successful people and businesses are extremely FOCUSED on what makes them the best.
There’s so many things that we want to accomplish, and so many distractions that get in our way every day, so sometimes it can be difficult to focus on the important stuff.
In today’s world, there is so much going on all the time. We have Facebook, cell phones, instant text messaging, kids pulling at us to spend time with them, the phone ringing…
And if we are home, the school, church, or other organization you belong to assumes you’re available all day to help them with whatever they have going on.
We sit down to get some work done. And we’re going for two hours straight, but then we’re done for the day and realize we didn’t really get much done.
Here are some tips to help you achieve that laser focus and make the most of the time you have available:
1. On Sunday evening, plan out your week. Figure out how many hours you’re going to work, and block time slots on your calendar. Keep in mind that you don’t necessarily have to have large chunks of time. Maybe you could schedule 2-hour slots 2-3 times per week, and maybe on the other days it might be 1 hour here and 15 minutes there and 30 minutes over there. What’s important is that you block out the amount of time that you committed to work your business.
2. Before you start working, write out a list of exactly what you’re going to accomplish during that time. If you have a 2-hour time slot, maybe you’ll want to write 2-3 blog posts and schedule them to be released later during the week, market your blog posts, and make 10 follow-up phone calls and emails. Know exactly what you plan to accomplish during that time. If it’s a 15 minute time-slot while sitting in the car waiting for your child to come out of school, maybe you’ll want to make 2-3 phone calls.
3. Close everything down except what you’re going to be working on. Close your email, Facebook, any social media sites you use, turn off your cell phone, etc. You may even need to shut your office door and tell you family you are at work. Don’t let anything deter you from accomplishing exactly what you set out to do during that time frame.
4. If you have to open another window such as Facebook to promote your blog – do so, promote your blog, and then shut it down right away. Don’t allow yourself to look at anything while you are there. You can always come back after your work period to check Facebook.
5. Check in with yourself frequently. Make sure that what you are doing is something that will move your business forward and is the best use of your time. Be sure you’re spending your time on income producing activities such as posting to your blog, marketing your blog posts and your business, following up with your prospects, and helping your new team members get started.
Find ways to automate tasks that don’t need your direct attention. Delegate anything that you can to someone else to complete for you. Find a way to utilize technology to dramatically reduce the little tasks that can swallow up entire days.
With any business, it takes time before you will begin to see the results of your efforts. But stay focused on the right activities and you will soon reap the rewards of your efforts.
Making every effort to remain consistent with your time management skills, and working to accomplish as much as possible into as little time as possible, will allow you to have your cake and eat it too. You will become more efficient, grow your business, make more money, and ultimate have more free time to do the things you enjoy.
How do you stay focused on your priorities each week? Let me know in the comments below.
If you are looking for a business that you can focus on, something with simple steps to follow and is easy to do… click on the links below to watch the video and check out what I’m doing.
…fill out the form below, and follow the simple steps. It’s working for me, and thousands of others out there online.
And, if you already have a business you’re happy with, I will still cheer you on!
——> Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject! <——
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
p.s. If you have something you want to accomplish, “Do or do not.” If you decide to choose “do”, then get started moving forward and leave “trying” behind in the dust where it belongs.
|Want more tips and trainings?
Get Lose Your Alarm Clock and Fire Your Boss…
Here’s How I did it and YOU Can To!
If you are happy in a business, that is great. If you are looking for the right business with a marketing system already in place that works; the right mentor; something you can build online, I would love to share what I am doing with you. Click here and let’s explore the possibilities.